Monday, November 6, 2017

Hello? Oh hi C'thulhu, thanks for calling

Pulp Miniatures hooded minions

Just a quick work-in-progress pic for you to enjoy.  I made some progress over the last few days on my bargain bin score from my local bricks-and-mortar store.  Despite my best mental backflips, I am still buying minis faster than I paint them.  That just won't do.

Things have been a little stressful this past month so I found myself reaching for the healing power of impulse buying to soothe my troubled soul. 
I must confess, I spent a little too much of late setting up my home with vital supplies of kitchen utensils, fruit, storage containers,  Dead Man's Hand Daughters of The West minis, a few Reaper bones minis and art supplies.

Oh.  And Buffy Funko Pops.

Vital stuff.

So I have managed to start turning around my backlog nicely, though as yet have nothing finished.  These cultists should be rather easy to get across the finish line.

The minis (from Pulp Miniatures) are pleasant and simple, easy to assemble and paint with plenty of gaming applications.  I give them two thumbs up and will definately be buying more of the range in the future.


Cannot have cultists without some horrors for them to summon, and I had this Reaper Mini's Spawn of Cthulhu laying around.  She is just perfect for the job.  I am part way through resculpting her face because... well, for starters... I can *sticks tongue out*.

But I think the eyes where too far to the side in the original, and this will have more impact.  I am also eying off the wings for further resculpting at a later date.

This whole thing makes me want to track down some classic Cthulhu minis.


No comments:

Post a Comment